Preparing for the Season Ahead
All roads lead to the Munster Blackwater River, Ballyduff Fishery, Ballyduff Upper, Waterford on Sunday March 8th for our River Trout Fishing Course which focuses on preparing for the coming season.
Wild brown trout in the river environment can be challenging and very rewarding to fish for. On this course we cover:
– tackle selection: rods, reels, lines, accessories
– river dry fly fishing: tackle set up, leader construction, matching the hatch, fishing demonstration
– river wet fly fishing: tackle set up, leader construction, fly selection, fishing demonstration
– river nymph fishing: tackle set up, leader construction, short line nymphing, long line nymphing, duo or dry/dropper method, fishing with indicators, fishing demonstrations
– streamer fishing: tackle set up, streamer lines, leader construction, fly selection, fishing demonstration
I will be joined on this course by fellow Mackenzie Ireland Pro Team Member Maurice Cahill, an experienced guide on the river.
A light lunch of tea/coffee & sandwiches will be included as part of the day. Course participants can fish for the afternoon for trout on a catch and release basis – a chance to put what you learned into practice!
This is a very popular course with a Fee of just €60. In fact some people have already pre-booked their place. If you are interested in attending you can contact me:
by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
by phone: 087-2965712